I had a fever last week and the only prescription was...well, you get the idea. So I've been a lil' sick. I started feeling sick Monday night before my friend and I finally flew back on Tuesday. I stayed home from work the rest of the week.
What did I do? Oh I did tons of stuff. I slept, I napped, I dosed off on the couch watching tv, I...well, you get the idea. I coughed a lot too. A LOT. Lots of the whole body, deep chest coughs. So much fun. I had a 102 fever for a few days that went away on Wednesday or Thursday, then I just had the coughing to deal with. I barely ate anything all week. I drank a carton of OJ Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but didn't eat more than a bagel or a few pieces of toast each day. Good times. I also missed out on a friend's birthday bar crawl on Friday, which was a bummer.
I did get a lot of good tv/movie watching done. I watched:
1) The Godfather - I finally watched it in one sitting and it was great. #2 is up next.
2) Firefly - the entire series, commentaries and extras on the dvd set. This is hands down the best show that no one saw. Fox butchered this show so completely that...I'll post something about it later. Anyway, Joss Whedon is a genius and I'll watch anything he writes, creates, or directs.
3) The USA-Mexico friendly - we looked ok at best: terrible marking at times, but at least we got away with a tie
4) The England-Switzerland friendly - England looked their usual boring selves, which is surprising because they are so stacked. David Bentley did do a surprisingly good job taking over for another famous David. I would be shocked if he didn't get a few more caps in the coming international games.
5) Band of Brothers on the History channel - what a phenomenal miniseries. If you haven't seen it, see it.
6) Saving Private Ryan - Again, if you haven't seen it, see it.
What is weird about the whole thing is that I rarely get sick. Rarely. When I do, I rarely am out of commission for the better part of a week. Yet this time I was wrecked. Just wrecked. I guess I was just due for a big one.
Today will be interesting. My first day back at work after 10 fun-filled days off (including weekends). I still have next to no appetite and haven't had to speak much in the last week...but hey, I'm sure I won't have to speak at work. Hmm...ah nerts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There will be other crawls :)
I know a lot of people who are getting sick who claim to never get sick...maybe it's a nasty virus that searches for the very healthy..and in that case, I'm safe! I hope work went alright for ya :)
Post a Comment