1) An actual IM chat at work last week:
Coworker [8:47 AM]:
Talking to people from India makes me racist
Me [8:47 AM]:
lmao
Me [8:47 AM]:
knowing you makes me racist
Coworker [8:47 AM]:
nice
2) If you're really bored, check out this timeline of internet memes. One in particular is worth mentioning: this is a pretty damn cool video and makes me yearn for old school MTV...you know, when they showed videos.
3) People can be so stupid. People who buy things like this are stupid and should give me their money. If you're too lazy to follow the link, it's for an iPhone app that does nothing, says it does nothing, costs a grand and eight people actually bought it. This is why people hate us.
4) The writing on Futurama was so damn good I have to share one of my faves I saw the other night. Bender, a robot, goes to a pawn shop to hock his body after the price of titanium skyrockets. (After all, as he says, "Bodies are for hookers and fat people.") The name of the pawn shop? "Rook Takes Pawnshop". That's f'n genius is what that is.
5) There was another lawsuit recently involving an IT company and the exempt/non-exempt status of its tech support employees. So now Apple and IBM have gone through this type of suit in recent years and lost and another company might be added to that list soon. Hmm. So much to say...how bout a hint: if they are sued, they're liable to lose some of their humanitarian awards (ok, so that's an ethical award but any chance I have to make a Fletch joke, I make it and I will not apologize).
6) I borrowed a ridiculously fancy Canon EOS 30D from a friend. The weather forecast for tomorrow has changed four times in the last 24 hours. Right now it's supposed to rain when I hope to be taking pictures at a pair of softball games. Hopefully the forecast changes again (and doesn't quickly change back) and the weather holds off.
7) My team won our coed soccer game last night, but it wasn't that exciting. It was cool to play under the lights but the competition looks pretty bad based on the three other teams I saw last night. Unfortunately, the refs look even worse. Slide tackling is not allowed in this league, yet they let half a dozen go. At one point, one ref called an "offensive foul" on one of our players. I wanted to ask if he knew what sport we were playing, but I figured such a question would only confuse the man. I have a bad feeling a few games might get out of hand, which tends to happen with clueless refs.
8) Mob Wars on Facebook is the devil. I might have to put a hit out on Benny Big Arms for getting me into it.
9) Speaking of Facebook, is there anything weirder than getting a friend invite from someone you think you should know/recognize but you have no clue who they are?
10) Hey Matt? Shut it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This you and Tommy Lasorda? I hate Tommy Lasorda.
BTW, I'm always a sucker for "If you're really bored, check out ____." Works like Colt 45.
Post a Comment