I worked out after work last night and it felt great. I hopped right on the elliptical machine, an upgrade from the stationary bike, and did 30 minutes without a problem. It felt so good that when I went to watch my coed team's semifinal playoff game later that night, I brought my indoor shoes and shorts with me. No, not to play (unfortunately), but to jog a bit and kick a ball around while they were warming up.
As I arrived, there was a big collision on the field (similar to when I was hurt) and I cringed. It will be a long time before I'm comfortable going full speed into any challenges.
As the other semifinal game ended, I was about to walk on the field when someone said: "Have you tried playing on your knee yet?" I looked up and saw a player from the team that had just won (apparently he was hurt). I said, "No, not yet. Just testing it tonight." His response? "Oh, good." I walked onto the field without really thinking about what he meant. In hindsight, it was kind of a dick comment (who says something like that??), but it also made me feel cool. He knew that if we won our game, we'd play them in the championship...and he didn't want me to play. It felt good...and so will ripping a shot at him when I play him next.
Anyhoo, jogging felt good and I was able to pass a ball around fairly well without pain. I bounced around a bit on the balls of my feet and danced from side to side to receive some passes. Everything went well and I'm not sore today - both great signs. I'm forcing myself to sit out the rest of the session (three more games) but then I'll be back!
PS I really, really hope I don't reinjure my knee after I come back...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It sounds like you did everything right! I'm sure you'll pulverize that guy the next time you play him ;)
Post a Comment