Tuesday, December 4, 2007

PMD

Haven't had one of these in a while, so let's get to it:

1) I actually started this yesterday but was too busy at work to post it. The fact that my brother had a Zeppelin post yesterday...is only a little freaky. Here's an interview with John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page regarding the reunion. All I have to say is that these guys are old. I wonder if Jimmy will play a Dazed and Confused solo with a bow (think violin/cello not Robin Hood)...or a cane. Zing! Wait, he could use one finger and play guitar better than me. Maybe I should shutup.

2) Since it snowed over the weekend, I guess winter is finally here. Now, despite my gripes about apartment living (mainly revolving around communal laundry and the heat being on year-round) it sure is nice to not have to shovel. There's plenty of time for that later in life.

Once my knee heals, I hope to get out and skate more than I did last year (so...twice?). I miss it a lot and now that I can't physically do it, so naturally I miss it even more.

3) One of my good friends at work got a new job and while I'm happy for him, he and his comic relief will be sorely missed. That, and he's my doubles foosball teammate! What am I gonna do now? :)

4) Another good friend at work is being deployed for a 60-day stay in the lovely United Arab Emirates early next month. As a "sendoff", four of us took a day off next week to sit around and play video games...and I don't feel bad about that at all. Should be an awesome day off with the guys.

5) Van Halen's touring again, this time with David Lee Roth instead of Sammy "I suck" Haggar. I stumbled across this clip of them performing "Panama" at Madison Square Garden last month. It sounds...well, I don't know. I can't tell if I would have enjoyed the show when they came through Minnesota. My brother and I saw them a few years ago with Sammy and other than the fact that the show was super, super, SUPER loud...I don't remember it being all that great. It remains the most expensive ticket I've ever purchased (over $100).

6) Here's a trailer for a new John Cusack movie coming out called War, Inc. My question is: why isn't this called Grosse Pointe Blank 2?

7) In order to make the audio from Straussiepalooza into something tolerable, I need to learn how to do a few audio editing things. Luckily, in tinkering last night, I was able to figure out how to resolve one problem: The original recording only comes out of the right channel and I figured out how to import audio into each channel. Small victory, but an important one. Hopefully it doesn't sound THAT terrible coming out of both speakers. I'm not getting my hopes up, though.

8) I need a new stick of Chapstick.

No comments: