Monday, January 28, 2008

Overheard at work x2

1) Myself and two guys from work went to Red Robin for lunch today. We were discussing time off, how I have tons saved up, and what I should do with it.

Me: "One time in oh...fourth or fifth grade, I stayed home sick one day and watched Fletch 4 or 5 times in a row."

Guy #1: "Nice."

Guy #2: "I think you need to take a blood test."

(I will interrupt the transcript at this point with a link to the clip my coworker is referring to. It's within the first 15 seconds of this clip.)

Me: "Why does repeatedly watching Fletch make me gay?"

Guy #2: "You don't think that movie is gay?"

Me: "What's wrong with Fletch? Dude, Chevy Chase in his prime. I don't think we can be friends anymore."

Guy #2: "Dude, that movie has a mermaid in it, Tom Hanks, and you watched it several times in a row."

Me: (pause) (blank stare) "Why are you talking about Splash?"

Guy #2: "I thought that was what you watched."

Me and Guy #1: (sigh)

2) I was on the phone with a customer who had me on speakerphone. I was having him do something pretty repetitive, requiring about 120 clicks from him to complete.

Me: "Well at least your right-clicking finger will get a workout."

Customer: "Yeah, it will be...muscular now."

Coworker of Customer: (quietly) "I bet your girl will like that."

Customer and Coworker of Customer: (laugh)

Coworker of Customer: "Wait, did I say that out loud?" (chuckle)

Me: (trying to contain my laughter) (pause) "Yes...yes, you did."

Customer and Coworker of Customer: (embarrassed laughs)

No comments: