Wednesday, January 2, 2008

PMD

1) Happy New Year everyone!

2) New Years Eve was a lot fun. There was drinking, fondue, lots of chatting, "Scene It" (super fun party game...and not because it was right in my wheelhouse. It will get it's own post later), some tv and movie watching, and a sleepover. Very, very good times.

3) Well, it's now 2008...who feels different? I don't. For me, it's like any birthday after 25 (car insurance baby!) - just another day. But as a friend said, it is a good time to examine your life.

I only made one resolution and it wasn't really a resolution. It was something I decided I needed to do weeks ago, but waited for a good opportunity. And here we are on January 2nd and I already fulfilled it (resolved it? achieved it? I don't know and I'm not pausing to correct it). Not bad huh? Think I can take the rest of the year off? Probably not...

Anyway, basically I needed to rebuild a friendship with an old friend. Things occurred in the past year that lead to us not speaking for many months. It wasn't the "what" that bothered me, it was the "how" and I felt I deserved better from a friend. Until recently, I had still been mad and felt the ball was in his court. Because of that, I didn't do anything...but I hate holding grudges. I could have given it more time and let the typical male way of resolving things take over (saying "dude" a lot, using elaborate handshakes and chest bumps), but instead I invited him out for a burger and a beer and talked a few things out. In short, it was a good start and I'm confident things'll work out.

4) I love stumbling onto a really good gift for someone. When you see something and think, "Oh, ____ would be allllll over that action." (Yes, I say things like that in my head...and to my brother) It hasn't happened often, but when it has, it's sweet. If only there was a gift-giving holiday....ah nerts, too late.

5) Speaking of Christmas, I pretty much blew off a Christmas post. Oh well. In short, it was good family fun, with a few surprises. Wouldn't have it any other way!

6) It has been flippin' cold the last two days. Just frigid. Yeah, it's winter and I'm in Minnesota, but holy cow was it cold and windy. I don't think we've had a day in the single digits this season and we've had two back-to-back. BRRRR!

7) Soccer starts up again tomorrow and boy am I pumped. My knee feels great and after watching a lot of soccer recently, I'm itching to get out there. Knee, don't come apart on me now!

8) That's alls I gots for now. Good luck this year, everyone. May you be healthy, happy and may your resolutions be...resolved...achieved...bloody hell, I don't know! :)

3 comments:

Stacy said...

good post to start off a great year :)

Jane Johnson said...

I was super excited to see your resolution (if it's about who I think it is). About time Mr.

Anyway, I think it's a great one.

Ben said...

Way to go on #3, T.

Score some goals for me in your 2008 debut!