1) New poll up...cuz they're so fun. Try to contain yourself.
2) I hate to sound snooty (snotty? Abe Froman, can I get a ruling?), but I'm so tired of dealing with incompetent people at work. Last week was not cool. Yes, it's my job to help people fix things but they're supposed to be IT professionals. When they're not, it's painfully obvious and...well, painful. I'm not always Type-A (so...A-?), but when customers call with issues I could fix in 5 minutes and the call takes well over an hour...I get cranky. I didn't used to because I truly enjoy helping people but it has been exhausting lately. I think my three years of service is rapidly approaching my tech support time limit.
Two words: va-cation. (No vay? Yes vay.)
3) Speaking of vacation, if you had a plethora of PTO hours to potentially use (oh let's say over 200), what would you do? I asked several people last week and got trip ideas, but I'm not any closer to actually doing something. I don't have a passport (although my name is my passport verify...me? mad props to anyone who gets that reference) and I don't want to spend a lot of money (plenty to spend it on in the future), which eliminates a lot of fun stuff and limits the travel options. Maybe just a road trip somewhere?
Probably the biggest obstacle is that I don't know if I can find an available friend to go anywhere on short notice. My brother's on his own trip and gets back in just enough time to start prepping for the school year, so he's out. Every normal person I know uses PTO like it's going out of style so the vast majority of people don't have much to spare. So...if I was to do something by myself, what the heck would I do? Zat is unknown, but somesing I should figger oot! I'm open to suggestions!
4) A few weeks ago, a coworker gave me a gift after cleaning out their house. Based on that, one might think the gift would be a bad one...but apparently this gift is easy (no, not that kind of easy) to do (hey, what did I just say?) and fun to grow (phew, that's better). How could I say no to...

I might have to keep track of Lil' Homer's progress with pictures here.
5) My computer is hooked up to a shelf stereo system on my desk. I've had the stereo for about 10 years and I certainly have gotten my money's worth, considering it's been on for 796459826405 hours (I've been keeping track). Unfortunately it's been sounding like crap lately. Music at low-medium volume crackles and pops (snap wasn't available) in the left speaker. Thankfully the main unit is the problem and not the speaker itself - reversing the wiring makes the right one sound like crap. Thanks to a friend's ingenuity, as well as some lengthy cables and speaker wire, I'm gonna try running everything through my receiver so that I can still use the working speakers without having to buy a new shelf unit. Yahoo for having creative friends.
6) There are few things I would say I truly hate. When I was younger and would say "I hate ____", my Mom would say, "You should really finish your sentences instead of leaving people hanging." Ok, ok. She would say, "Hate is a strong word." So I'd follow that up with "Then I really, really, really don't like ____." Well this morning I was forced to take a cold shower and I can say without hesitation that I hate cold showers (sorry Mom). I don't mind cold, I don't mind wet...but cold and wet? No thank you!
7) I received a random paper this morning. Thanks Pioneer Press. Please don't call me to renew the subscription I don't have for the paper I don't need.
8) If you're on Facebook and you haven't played Word Twist...don't. It's not quite Jumble, it's not quite Scrabble, but maaaaaan... Seriously, don't play it. You'll be glad you didn't.
9) Wow. Does beer pong really need to become a Wii game? It would be an awesome idea if beer pong was incredibly difficult to set up. But uh...last time I checked, it wasn't.
10) I played tennis after work today for the first time in several years. A few friends play every Monday and I might have to go back next week. Despite some late afternoon sun and some wicked humidity, we played for a couple hours. It took a little while to get my swing and serve back, but once I did, it was a lot of fun. Nothing like a good tennis rally.
11) The Twins are a game and a half behind the White Sox, and first place in the AL central, after winning game one of their four-game series this week. I never thought I'd be saying that at this point in the season. Go Twins!
Next up: a piano post.
3 comments:
Dangit, Number Three!
It was Sneakers.
I got so into the habit of not checking this page that I totally blew the big Return of PMD. I have only myself to blame.
Tim: FYI, 796459826405 hours equates to over 90 million years, which would put the time of purchase of your stereo sometime back in the Mesozoic Era. Geologically speaking, that means it's time to buy a new stereo.
Post a Comment