Monday, August 11, 2008

This Week

So I was able to take this week off...which is awesome. No doubt about it. Couldn't come at a better time too, with work completely sucking. Waaay too much to do and not enough staff or time to get it done. It's become almost laughable...ya know, if I wasn't actually working there. Anyway, no more work talk - back to vacation. I've realized over the years that the longer a vacation is, the lazier I am. If I only have one day off, I tend to get a lot done. If I have 9 days off in a row? Yeesh. I need to have a plan or I'll just sit on my ass the first 7 days then wonder where the time went. Part of me would be totally fine with that, because I just need an f'n break from a lot of things, but I can be a little more productive than that. :) Here's my tentative schedule:

Monday - I need to do a little shopping in preparation for a new soccer season that starts tonight. I need to get a few new pairs of socks and shorts. I've been wearing the same pairs of socks for way too long (I'm a little superstitious) and they are tired. I've also needed some new "everyday" shoes for a while and have unsuccessfully looked a few times now. I'll have to try and find some.

Tuesday - Read and hook up my speakers. I picked up Watchmen because I've heard for years that it's THE graphic novel to read and now that it's going to be a movie...eh, I'll give it a whirl. I also need to hook up my shelf speakers to my receiver so I can listen to music without the speakers crackling and popping (snap still isn't available).

Wednesday - An Artificial Swedener is home for a few weeks and we'll be hitting up an afternoon Twins' game against the Yankees. I've never gone to an afternoon game during the week and I haven't seen my good friend in sixth months so it should be extra awesome. (Well, I saw her over the weekend, but still...)

Thursday - Piano and cleaning. What a good combination...except for the cleaning. I need to organize a few financial files too. Maybe I'll take my mom out to lunch since my dad will be out of town.

Friday - The bro comes to town for the last time before school starts. There will be more piano, less cleaning, and more fun.

I also want to do a few other things. I might try to learn a different piano song each day this week. I might borrow a friends very, very nice camera and dabble in some photography. Depending on how tonight's game goes, I might squeeze in a run or two. Heck, I might even try to blog every day (that's crazy talk!). The best part is that I don't have to think about work for a week. And that, my friends, is a beautiful thing.

Have a great Monday, everyone. (Honestly I'm not trying to rub it in!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I get it - you do this so you can get away with not posting for another 5-8 days. Dude, week.

...

Enjoy your time off! :)