I live about 4 miles from work, which has it's pluses and minuses. One plus is that I'm able to go home over lunch if I choose. Today, I had the pleasure of catching Law & Order while I was eating. Seriously. I'm not lying. I was shocked when I found that it was on. It's never on...
Anyway, I realized that the easiest and most random job in the world would have to be writing the opening scene for Law & Order episodes. Today's episode, and I can call it "today's" since I'm sure Law & Order won't be on again until tomorrow, started with two women walking in the city. They were gossiping about a friend and blah blah blah - insert dialogue that had nothing to do with the plot of the episode. Suddenly, a gunshot is heard, startling the women. The camera pans and we see a woman lying in the street; killed by an apparent carjacking.
Now, the beauty of the scene is that the women could have been doing anything and saying anything and the same cut to the woman lying in the street could have been made. It's the TV version of a Mad Lib! Try it the next time you catch an episode. For example:
(number) (gender) and (number) (gender) are (verb ending in -ing) in a (geographical location). It is (time of day). They are discussing the latest (noun) when suddenly they hear a (sound), exclaim (exclamation) and discover a deceased (gender) lying in a (geographical location).
Cut! Print! Actually, wait a second. The first line could really be twisted into something sick. Hmm. Maybe the whole Mad Lib idea needs a little work...just like the Law & Order opening scenes! Snap!
(number) (gender) and (number) (gender) are (verb ending in -ing) in a (geographical location). It is (time of day). They are discussing the latest (noun) when suddenly they hear a (sound), exclaim (exclamation) and discover a deceased (gender) lying in a (geographical location).
Cut! Print! Actually, wait a second. The first line could really be twisted into something sick. Hmm. Maybe the whole Mad Lib idea needs a little work...just like the Law & Order opening scenes! Snap!
No comments:
Post a Comment