Friday, July 6, 2007

PMD

Hello and welcome to a late Friday edition of PMD (yes, I'll start posting them earlier in the day so they can be more "useful" on a Friday).

1) I bought an iPod last night and it rocks. I had some issues transferring music to it overnight because apparently it didn't like chewing on 50+ GB right out of the box. It locked my computer up for some reason so I had to retry it this morning. I only threw a few GB at it that time and it worked successfully (just under 1 GB/minute transfer rate too - thank you USB 2.0!).

It sounds great in my car since my stereo has an input jack. No FM-adapter garbage for me and that gets a double yahoo!

The biggest pain will be updating all of the tags on my mp3s. I have A LOT that aren't complete and if a song doesn't have the full info (title, artist, album) then it shows up weirdly. I guess I'll tackle that this weekend and then try syncing the whole kit and kaboodle again.

2) Quick Onion link time: Check out the third "American Voices" quote on an oldie from 2006 here.

3) Have you ever seen Robot Chicken? It's an Adult Swim show on the Cartoon Network created/written/produced by Seth Green. It's...sometimes awesome, sometimes really dumb. Anyway, they recently did a roughly 30 minute "spoof" of Star Wars that was pretty darn funny. Well I guess it's not really a spoof...remember in Clerks when Dante and Randall have a discussion about the builders of the Death Star and how thousands of them must have died when it blew up? It's those types of questions that inspired the "spoof".

Enough with the 'splaining, here is the link. It also has a pop-up commentary with Seth Green which had some funny parts as well.

4) Van Halen and David Lee Roth are finally getting back together?? Well...I won't hold my breath.

5) A new Foo Fighters album due out in September? Awesome.

6) Raise your hand if you know why Wayne Rooney is. Just Ben and Ted? Ok fine, well he's a soccer player for Manchester United and he's pretty darn good. (Check out this goal if you don't believe me.) Here is a YouTube clip of a supposed commercial starring him. It has to be fake or else it took 1000 takes to get it right.

Speaking of fake, it reminds me of Ronaldinho's Nike "crossbar" ad. (For some more Ronaldinho fun, check out some sick skills here.)

6) Here's another YouTube clip (boy, heavy on them today...) involving some sparring partners in Central Park (NYC) and a "run-in" with an a capella group. Mortal Kombat!! My favorite part is when one of the guys starts doing pushups...for no reason whatsoever.

7) Have a great weekend everyone. Personally I have three birthday parties to go to (crazy!) and lots of playing with my iPod to do...and no, that's not a strange euphemism.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Thanks for the Rooney goal. I never get tired of seeing that. But this one is way better. :)

As for the Rooney commercial, I'm sure it's fake. But I could be convinced it's real a lot easier than for the Ronaldinho ad. There's no way that one's real. I don't care how many times he tried it. I don't know how they faked it, but they did!

Lastly, that onion joke might have been the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I was talking to Mom on the phone at the time, and just about ate my hand trying not to laugh. Good times.

Unknown said...

I heart Gerrard.