Sunday, July 1, 2007

Sick and tired...literally

With the exception of a few hours today, this was possibly my most useless weekend in quite some time. Why? Well I'll tell you.

First, I felt that it's important to note that I rarely get sick. Once a year I get a sore throat for a few days that morphs into a congested mess, then I have a cough for a few days and I'm done. It is never a big deal (unlike Ron Burgundy) and I never feel bad enough to skip work (or maybe I'm just too stupid to stay home....either way: bummer!). Anyway, I've been "sick" for about 2 or 3 weeks now. I've had a sore throat, felt achey, and been really tired. Really tired. Despite intentionally getting more sleep even before I started to feel tired. I typically go to bed between 12:30 and 1:30 each night and get up between 6 and 6:30, depending on the ol' snooze-o-rama. Lately, I've been getting to bed between 11 and 12 but I still have felt exhausted the last few weeks.

So Friday I missed out on a "white trash"-themed party (which I heard was fun - I need pictures people!) because I took a "nap" from about 6:30 until 9-ish and was too wiped out when I got up to rally and make an appearance. I ended up going to bed around 11...how sad. I spent most of Saturday sleeping, napping (I am definitely not a nap person, but I took two on Saturday - yikes!), or vegging in front of my computer because I felt out of it.

The one bright spot is that I woke up today and felt good. I didn't feel tired or sick at all. Huge yahoo for that. I ran some errands, went to dinner with the 'rents, and played some Killer Bunnies with a couple friends. I was starting to think I had mono or something. Being this tired and out of it really isn't like me. I think part of it is the fact that I haven't been getting much exercise. After playing soccer twice a week from September '05 through April '07 (roughly 150 games) with August '06 being the only break, I think my body was used to the activity and exertion. Sure, I wrecked my shins (thankfully the August break took care of that) and my right achilles (thankfully it's healing nicely after two months of rest) in the process but those are minor details. I think I should get back on the horse and start running and lifting again. After all, there are only about 12 more weeks until soccer season. I think I'll hit the batting cages too...

Hopefully I will feel good tomorrow...which reminds me...*snore*

PS Ben, it's a good thing I didn't come down this weekend. I would have been a huge party pooper.

4 comments:

willikat said...

it sounds a lot like mono to me (and there are other viruses that act like mono, too). and it can go up and down before it goes away. i'd suggest getting tested, to be sure. take care of yourself!! i hope you continue to feel better.

Ben said...

I feel compelled to quote Wayne Campbell:

"I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored."

willikat said...

ben's quote is way better than my comment. i heart wayne's world so hard. i am pretty sure mike meyers is still one of my celebrity crushes. he's just so funny!

Tim said...

That quote made me laugh enough that I had to watch Wayne's World tonight. It was every bit as good as I remember it. :) Both Mike Meyers and Dana Carvey were so good back then.

Now Wayne's World 2 on the other hand...never happened. I may own it as part of the WW double pack but I think I should throw it out on basic principle.