I flew out Friday morning and had a layover in Chicago and if you've never been to O'Hare...it's a mighty big airport. It was fun "people watching" since a lot of international flights go through there. At one point, a little people mover drove past and it made this annoying beeping sound like a truck backing up...only it was always beeping. The guy that was driving it looked REALLY happy with his job.
Anyway, landed in Knoxville and was given a quick tour of downtown Knoxville by my friend Kevin, including Neyland Stadium (home of University of Tennessee football) and the sunsphere! I got a kick out of the fact that the sunsphere was on the Simpsons so I wanted to get a picture...but I missed my brief opportunity as we drove by. Here are a few pics I took of the stadium and one I didn't of the sunsphere:
We arrived back at Kevin and his wife Michelle's house and hung out as people slowly got into town. There were 13 of us in all coming in from all parts of the country and it was a blast seeing everyone again. We had last gotten together in February for the annual Super Bowl party (much more about gathering than the game itself). Friday night was spent catching up with everyone, drinking, playing some Wii games and Guitar Hero on the XBox. It was pretty damn fun.
Saturday and Sunday were spent at two different lakes. Both days were beautiful, HOT and lots of fun. Saturday night I introduced several people to Killer Bunnies. People caught on, but I should have limited the number of people and cards/decks involved...but I'm a big, dumb idiot.
The flight home on Monday went through O'Hare again and believe it or not, the first people mover that drove by...was driven by the same happy guy as Friday. I couldn't help but laugh...and wonder if he'd had a break since Friday...or killed anyone because of that damn beeping sound.
I also noticed this airline which I had no idea existed. Quite hilarious:
Anyway, it was sad to leave because it was such a fun weekend. I miss everyone already and I can't wait for the next gathering! Super Bowl '08: get here faster!(PS Kevin and Michelle: thanks again for the hospitality!)
2 comments:
Our pleasure homies! You all are always welcome!
Oh by the way, michelle and I were downtown and I took a picture from the exact same place you saw it when you were here. So...it's kinda like you took the picture, but not really.
Post a Comment