I'll have to agree with my brother and just say "Boooooo." What a crummy game. The wrong team won. I had written a bunch of complaints about the game but then found this blog on ESPN.com that summed up almost everything I had to say. Liverpool dominated most of the game, had a few good shots (Gerrard's good run inside the box but weak finish, one shot from 20 yards that went wide, Alonso's and Riise's off-target blasts , Crouch's good shot from 20 just after coming on), and made some late late late substitutions (Zenden sucks and shouldn't have been out there at all). It was frustrating to watch. Milan had one incredibly lucky play (first goal) and one good play (second goal) and that's it. They stunk up the place and still won...maybe I shouldn't point that out to Liverpool fans.
This will sound like I'm being a sore loser, but I thought it was interesting to note: I didn't watch any of the pregame coverage, but I didn't hear any mention of the Italian match fixing scandal. The scandal revolved around managers of teams having conversations with referees prior to games. A handful of teams in the Italian league (including AC Milan) were penalized severely and Milan was originally kicked out of the 06/07 Champions League tournament. The penalty was later dropped during an appeal. As Dante would say; they're not even supposed to be here today. Maybe I shouldn't point that out to Liverpool fans either.
One thing's for sure: Liverpool needs to dump some midfielders (so Gerrard can play in his natural position) and find a striker FAST. Dirk Kuyt is not good enough (from what I've seen) to be up front by himself.
(Edit: Just found this clip and it clearly shows that Kuyt was offsides. Oh well, it didn't matter anyway.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment