Thursday, May 10, 2007

Don't you hate it when...

You're reminded that the world is not as safe as you would like to think it is? Well I sure do. I learned that a friend was mugged last night while walking to her car in what I've always assumed is a relatively safe area. Not super safe, but certainly not a "bad" neighborhood.

I would love to rule the world someday. Don't get me wrong: I rule, but only a small amount of space around me. Anyway, I would put the muggers, rapists, murderers and anyone else I don't like on an island and let 'em have at it. They can do whatever they want to to each other, but leave the law-abiding people alone. Just a thought.

It would be nice if you were able to walk around at night and never have to worry something bad might happen to you, but unfortunately things like this remind me that the world isn't always a nice place. As my dad says, "keep you wits about you" (I guess that's "old person" for "like...be aware of your surroundings...and stuff") and this is just another reminder to always do so.

No comments: