Nothing for a week and then two posts in one day? Meh, that's how I roll.
You know that show "Best Week Ever" on VH1? Well, ten days in the middle of July are shaping up to be quite an awesome stretch for me (way to jinx it, genius). Here's a rundown:
1) I have July 13th through the 20th off from work. I don't think I need to say anything else about that.
2) 7/13: I fly to Knoxville, TN to see about a dozen really good friends for some fun. I initially met them on the internets about seven years ago and we've stayed close. We get together twice a year: once in February for the Super Bowl and once in the summer. I had to miss the summer gathering last year so I can't wait for this trip. It should be a blast!
3) 7/16: I fly back to Minnesota. Yes, at this point my arms will be tired.
4) 7/18-7/20: My Under-15 boys soccer team starts playing in the USA Cup! It's only the biggest youth soccer tournament like...ever. For real. For really reals. (Actually, it's just the largest in North America.)
The website boasts that 950 teams from 20 countries are coming to the National Sports Center in Blaine. How cool is that?!? I can't wait. For the first time in a long, long time I'll be able to go watch some of the young international teams, scout some of the Under-15 competition, and just stop and watch games I have no stake in. That'll be fun too. I can't wait! Hopefully the weather won't be blazing hot...oh wait, it ALWAYS is.
5) 7/22: Guster concert with my bro at the MN Zoo. I know, I know: you're thinking that a zoo would be a terrible place to see a concert, but man when those monkeys jump in on the bongos during the encore it'll blow your mind. Seriously, it's a nice amphitheater and as long as it isn't 1000 degrees or raining, it'll be fun. (Shoot, I gotta stop jinxing myself...)
6) 7/23: Back to work. Boy, will that Monday be the SUCK or what? *shudder* I get nauseous just thinking about it.
That be it. Wow. I've never, EVER had such a solid stretch of awesome things to do in such a short amount of time. The Knoxville trip was planned months ago but the USA Cup stuff just happened to fall into place.
Have any of you had a fun stretch like that? I'm curious...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like a great week there, Tim.
Be careful when you scout the under-15s. I hear a guy could get locked up for that sort of thing.
Thanks for jinxing the weather for the Guster concert. But I am looking forward to the monkey bongos.
Dude, you know you'll be anxious to get back to work... After 10 days off, I'm sure you'll be missing the foosball big time.
Post a Comment