Friday, June 1, 2007

Movie Reviews

1) Collateral (3/5)

Tom Cruise plays a believable bad guy and Jamie Foxx was great as a "good guy in a bad situation." I could describe this movie as a "gritty thrill-ride", but instead I'll say that Tom Cruise is a hitman and Jamie Foxx is along for the ride.

Also, I love it when music fits well within a movie (which is why I'll watch anything Cameron Crowe makes) and the placement of Audioslave's Shadow of the Sun was excellent. I was getting tired while watching it and this song kept me awake.

2) Three Days of the Condor (3/5)

Robert Redford is excellent as an employee of the CIA who "just reads books." A theory of his that no one believes gets in the wrong hands and hilarity ensues. Ok, not hilarity: his fellow bookworms get bumped off while he is out to lunch (how convenient!) and he gets wrapped up in a deadly game of espionage. (Ok, I just wanted to say "deadly game of espionage")

Max Von Sydow is his usual semi-creepy, no-nonsense bad guy. You might remember him from such films as Minority Report and Strange Brew. (Oh, and Victory!)

It's not flashy, but it's solid. If you're in the mood for a 1975 spy movie, check this one out.

No comments: