Tuesday, June 5, 2007

PMD

1) First and foremost, I tested out my achilles today with some light sprints after work today and it felt good. I did a bunch of half and three-quarter speed sprints and it felt good enough that I didn't run home and set up a doctor's appointment.

Only a few more weeks until hockey season so it's time to hit the batting cages...

2) Bill Simmons had a column full of links today. One was to an article about Bo Jackson. It was a very intersting read. I wish Bo Knew YouTube so we could watch more highlights of his stuff. Ok, I did found this clip from a run in his college days. He goes 75 yards in about 8 seconds. (The coolest part of the clip might be Keith Jackson saying "in your face.")

I also stumbled upon this article discussing why Bo is the greatest athlete ever. (PS the site is one of the most cluttered sites I've ever seen lol, but it's worth the read)

3) Since Ben called me twice (maybe more, I blacked out) to talk about the Futurama episode he was watching, I had to look up some more YouTube clips to share.

-Ted, I can't think of a good raisin not to post this clip.
-I just love this one for the end.
-Oh snap!
-I knew I should have shown you the one for electric gonorrhea: the noisy killer.

(Ahh blogs...at least I'm having fun with this...)

4) Quick movie review of Traffic (3/5)

It was decent...and that's all I got. Benecio Del Toro was good and I always like Don Cheadle...but I don't have much else to say. Maybe I should give it a 2 lol.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know which is better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAgfY_NHzw
or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ddO5ENtus

But I'm pretty sure Tim has duplicated at least one of 'em.

Tim said...

Well I've done the first one and I've also put him in at kick returner and run around for the full 5 minutes. Well, 4:45 since a typical kickoff takes 15 seconds off the clock. The only tough part is running back to the left since the screen doesn't scroll the same way. :)

As for the Okoye one, that's crazy. I've never just stood there and let them try and tackle me lol.

*sigh* We've played a lot of Temco lol.

Ben said...

Nice links, Matt. The Bo run is a classic, but I'd never seen that crazy Okoye clip. Awesome. And yeah, we're geeks.

Ted said...

Tom Sawyer, you tricked me! This is less fun than previously indicated!

Ted said...

This blog comes equipped with...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=greCg3uMHSE

Tim said...

Recuerdos a todos!

Unknown said...

"B"

Ted said...

We need to make a "Bunny Jim Slade" card