1) Heroes finale last night but I won't spoil it for people who haven't seen it. Skip #4 if you don't want to read my thoughts about it.
2) What's that you say? David Beckham, Landon Donovan and the other LA Galaxy dudes are playing at the Dome in October? Versus a team to be determined later? I'm there...even though I don't follow the MLS at all...and think Donovan sucks. Wait, that's Beasley.
Anyway, it should be cool. We've got upperdeck, 40yd line seats for a bit more than I'd like to pay, but whatever. If you're interested, tickets are already on sale obviously. For more info, follow me over here. For less info, read on...
3) Several new links have been added. Check 'em out if you dare.
This post made me add Pop Candy, but I'm a sucka for Mr. T jokes.
4) Ok, Heroes finale time. It was good ("Hiro, you look bad ass!") but not as good as I hoped. The "final" battle with Sylar was cool because we got to see some of the characters working together for the first time, but it lasted for about a minute and could have been so much cooler. Sooo much cooler. The characters were well established by the end of the season; show us what they can do, dang it!
Anyway, there's no way Peter and Nathan are dead and I bet Parkman "miraculously" survives taking three shots to the chest. A lot of the old bad guys are gone so hopefully Sylar hooks up with some new cronies and there are some more confrontations next season. Here's some season 2 info.
Overall, the first season was pretty darn good and is definitely worth checking out if you like the "flawed superhero" genre. (Is that even a genre? I don't know genres...or phases.)
5) Concerts, concerts, concerts. I spend too much money on concerts. Everytime I tell myself that, another concert comes along and I end up going. Oh well. They're usually a really good time and I don't doubt these three will be good: John Butler Trio, June 7th. Guster, July 22nd. Kings of Leon Chin make-up show, August 3rd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love it when everyone survives. The cop (Parkman?), Sylar, the token black dude (who can turn invisible? Funny that.), the brothers...
Yeah, I caught the last half hour. Did anything happen in between episode 1 and the finale? Those are the only two I saw.
Nope; episodes 2 through 22 just showed cheese or snow. (Anyone? No? Ok.)
Post a Comment